A major strength of CiiRUS customers lies in their ability to reach out and connect with the tools they need to be successful. CiiRUS provides connections to more OTAs, payment processors, smart home systems, insurance companies, and auxiliary services than any contemporary vacation rental software. But those connections don’t just make themselves. It is a complex back-and-forth technical process between CiiRUS and third-party, to make sure that our solutions can be made possible. One of the most important parts of the process to begin connecting with a third party is the RFI. In this post, we’ll talk more about the importance a thorough RFI holds in the connectivity process.
A Request for Information (RFI) is a standardized business process used to collect information about an interested third-party. This will help the company to determine if the third-party’s capabilities meet the company’s needs. For example, a booking agent, distribution platform, or a vacation rental search engine are third-party candidates who would like to directly connect with the CiiRUS API. With a direct connection to our API, the task at hand is not as simple as yes or no or the click of a button. There are a review and approval process that must be taken. Firstly, the third-party applicants are required to fill out an RFI so that our management team may evaluate the potential candidate. Not only will the RFI help us to reduce the time of the evaluation process, but we will also have the capability to get a quick overview of the third-party’s capabilities.
Brief Overview of the RFI Process
- Expressed interest by a third-party will be sent to a CiiRUS administrative staff member
- The administrative staff member will send an NDA and RFI to the requesting party to be filled out in its entirety
- The third-party reviews the
documents,fills them out,and returns them to the CiiRUS administrator
- If all documents have been filled out, the RFI responses will then carefully be reviewed by CiiRUS
- The CiiRUS management and development team will notify the third-party of their decision to continue or withdraw the third-party from the API documentation and credentials process
What is the Timeframe for the RFI Approval Process?
The minimum turnaround is all dependent on whether the third-party has appropriately filled out the RFI and it is sent back to us promptly. Additionally, one thing that may factor into a delay in the process is the number of candidates lined up in the RFI review stage. Therefore, the review process time frame may take up to one to two weeks before a decision has been made and our team can then follow up with the next steps to take going forward.
If you require further information or assistance, please contact us at
(321) 251-8020 or firstname.lastname@example.org