Here at CiiRUS, the greatest pleasure of what we do is in building relationships with customers and partners. After all, the travel and hospitality industries revolve around relationships and quality service. We’d like you to meet and get to know the amazing people behind the scenes who help make CiiRUS the leader in vacation rental software.
In this month’s CiiRUS Team Spotlight, meet Leah Green, who joined the CiiRUS family just over three months ago. In those three months, she has been promoted from the Front Desk Agent to our newest Technical Support Specialist. Let’s get to know Leah as she shares some insight about herself, her role at CiiRUS, and more.
1. Briefly describe what your role is at CiiRUS.
I am a tier-one support agent for CiiRUS. This means I answer questions about how the software works as well as look into questions and concerns.
2. What’s the best thing about your job?
I love helping people and solving puzzles. I feel like technical support is a nice combination of the two.
3. What’s the best thing about CiiRUS?
The people, such as my teammates at CiiRUS, and the clients I’ve encountered. I really enjoy coming to work every day.
4. What does your workspace look like?
I just received my own workspace, transitioning from the front desk to the technical support department, so I need ideas for how to decorate it!
5. What’s been one of your proudest moments working at CiiRUS?
I started at CiiRUS at the end of July. A few weeks ago, when I first started transitioning into the Technical Support department, I was told a client complimented me at an event. It made me feel good to hear the compliment I received and that this was the right place for me.
6. What do you like to do when you’re not at the office?
I love spending time with my family. My son is 7 years old, and so everything is an adventure. We go to theme parks, hiking, and the beach as much as possible.
7. What inspires you?
My son inspires me every day. The imagination and energy, as well as the optimism of a child, is amazing.
8. What is something you learned in the last week?
I learned seeing an alligator up close isn’t as scary as I expected it to be.
9. If you could pick one superpower, what would it be?
Teleportation. I have friends and family spread out all over the country that I’d love to visit anytime I wanted. Also, it would make traveling the world a lot easier!
10. What is the song title that best describes your personality?
“Don’t worry, be happy” I tend not to let things bother me and try looking on the bright side.
11. What is your favorite destination to travel to, or what is the top destination you want to visit?
Before I moved to Florida, our family came to Orlando for most of our vacations. Another favorite spot is Breckenridge, CO, it is beautiful there all year round. The top destinations I would love to visit are Paris, Dublin, and Tokyo.
12. How do you define success?
I define success as feeling good about what I do. If I can feel happy and proud of my actions, and I am a good role model for my son, that is a success.
13. What are five words (or less) of advice for others in your profession?
Empathy, truly listen, ask questions.