Here at CiiRUS, the greatest pleasure of what we do is in building relationships with customers and partners. After all, the travel and hospitality industries revolve around relationships and quality service. We’d like you to meet and get to know the amazing people behind the scenes who help make CiiRUS the leader in vacation rental software.
In this month’s CiiRUS Team Spotlight, meet April Martin, who joined the CiiRUS family just under a year ago. She began as the Onboarding Manager, where she transitioned to Operations Manager, and now most recently, she has been promoted to Senior Vice President of USA Operations. Let’s get to know April as she shares some insight about herself, her role at CiiRUS, and more.
1. Briefly describe what your role is at CiiRUS.
As the Senior Vice President of USA Operations, I’m responsible for implementing and streamlining processes, coaching teams, and building lasting relationships with our partners.
2. What’s the best thing about your job?
Getting to know people from all over the world!
3. What’s the best thing about CiiRUS?
We have the best team! Our team truly cares about the clients, the product, and each other. It’s a very special environment.
4. What does your workspace look like?
I’m all about girl power, so it’s filled with Audrey Hepburn and Wonder Woman.
5. What’s been one of your proudest moments working at CiiRUS?
Increasing the onboarding success by 110% in a little over 6 months.
6. What do you like to do when you’re not at the office?
My family is fanatical about Disney. We love Princesses, Disney Movies and all things Star Wars. We can often be found at one of the Disney Parks on the weekends.
7. What inspires you?
My daughter inspires me. She’s truly a bright light in my life. She’s not afraid to sing and dance. She loves to jump in puddles. She’s what keeps me going every day.
8. What is something you learned in the last week?
I learned that my daughter (age 3) knew by sight what a hexagon and octagon were. Props to Family Christian Center Preschool of Clermont.
9. If you could pick one superpower, what would it be?
I would want the power of time travel. I’ve always been intrigued by history, so it would be cool to be able to go back and see things in person.
10. What is the song title that best describes your personality?
Champion by Bishop Briggs.
11. What is your favorite destination to travel to, or what is the top destination you want to visit?
I love any place near the water. We spend a lot of time in St. Petersburg, which is where my family lives. The one place I’d love to go to is Bali and stay in a hut over the water.
12. How do you define success?
I define success in my team’s success. I love to see the people around me getting out of their comfort zone, improving independently and together, and creating the culture of always striving to be the best.
13. What are five words (or less) of advice for others in your profession?
Quit talking and listen.